[caption id="attachment_370" align="alignleft" width="200" caption="Chosing the right termite control company is an important step in termite control."]
[/caption] A professional termite control company best handles termite control. Your area most likely consists of several professionals you can call to eliminate termites altogether. It is highly recommended that you learn more about the company before you have them come to your home. In some situations, it can be costly to have a professional pest control company deal with a severe infestation, but even more important is the effectiveness and credibility of the company. You need a reliable termite control
company to locate the problem, find the right solution and ensure the termites are gone for good. That is no easy job.
5 Things to Look For In Termite Control Professionals
Here are the top five things you should do when hiring a pest control company to make certain your pest problem is handled effectively and without delay.
- Learn about the reputation of the termite control company. Are they reliable? Are they thorough? Would your friend or family member recommend that you invest in them? If you do not know anyone who has used the company, ask the company themselves for references.
- Ensure the termite control company is licensed, insured and bonded. This ensures that the professionals are responsible for themselves. If they should fall or otherwise injure themselves while at your home, you are not responsible. More so, it helps to ensure they are professionals and know what they are doing!
- Find out if they are a member of your state's pest control association. You can also look up the company in the National Pest Management Association. This can help you to rest assured you are working with a legitimate company.
- Ask about alternative services and treatments. With termite control, there are several alternative or ‘green’ methods for exterminating the termites. If you are interested in having this service performed, ensure that the pest control company offers them. Also, be sure the company specializes in termites.
- Know what the contract states. Is there a guarantee on their service? How long is their guarantee for? You should also know what to do if you spot termites in your home soon after a termite control company applies a treatment. Read the contract to ensure you know the costs associated with the procedure and any limitations.
Termite control is typically easier if you hire a professional pest exterminator. But first, get proposals from several companies and compare them. Look at more than just the cost, though. Notice any guarantees offered, the types of pesticides used, and the professionalism of the company. Termite control should take full effect after a few applications, rather than a never-ending problem.