How to Get Rid of Ants
Ants are the most common type of pest found in the home. Belonging to the Formicidae family and the insect order known as Hymenoptera, ants are closely related to wasps and bees. There are numerous different species of ants (more than 12,000 in the world), although carpenter ants, argentine ants, pharaoh ants, fire ants and sugar ants are the species that are most commonly household pests in North America.
Ants are an incredibly adaptive species, and are capable of building their nests in a wide-range of settings. This makes them an especially frustrating household pest, because they can easily build their colony in a small crack in your home’s foundation or in the dirt near your house. They are most recognized for their ability to unite as a colony and remain organized, having a distinct division of labor and collectively working as a unit to accomplish one goal.
Ant infestations can be difficult to handle because the majority of the time, you are dealing with a large nest of pests. Many homeowners have found that the easiest to get rid of ants is to attempt poisoning members of the colony in hopes that they will spread the toxins to other colony members. This is usually accomplished by setting up various ant traps around the home in areas that see high amounts of ant traffic. These traps can often also be used for outdoor colonies. Although this can be an effective way to get rid of ants, it does not destroy the entire colony and if the trap runs out of ant poison, and the colony will usually return fairly quickly. If homeowners truly want to get rid of ants, they should seek the services of a professional exterminator.
Professional exterminators can locate the location of the colony and use commercial strength substances to eliminate the entire nest instead of just individual members. This is the best way to get rid of ants because it ensures that the colony will not return.
Do-It-Yourself Tips for Getting Rid of Ants
- Place a few pieces of clove to ward off ants from entering your home.
- Avoid spilling or leaving behind sweet and fragrant substances on the kitchen countertops and floor.
- Place sticky traps along the edges of walls and in the corners to stop ants from advancing.
- Sprinkle powdered insecticides over ant mounds to kill and scatter the ants.
- If your home comes down with a serious ant problem, call in your local pest exterminators today!
Achieve Ant Control in Your Home
- Fire ants can bite and produce painful, red bumps.
- Ants can contaminate food sources with the waste they leave behind.
- Ants will dig smooth tunnels in the wood found inside homes.
Don’t Know Where to Turn for Ant Control? Call a Pest Control Service!
- Pest control providers should guarantee an ant solution in a timely fashion once notified of the problem.
- Qualified pest exterminators should be able to eliminate ants humanely and safely, without leaving dangerous poisons or traps around your home.
With Professional Extermination, Ant Control is Easy!
Ants are one of the most common household pests. Without proper prevention and protection, ant populations will increase rapidly. Ants make their nests in many different places inside a home, including under roofs, in doors, and even in foam insulation. Ants do this by chewing wood and carving out tunnels. Over time, this can cause significant damage to the home. The longer an ant colony problem goes untreated, the more damage can occur. In addition to any structural damage, ants are also attracted to many foods commonly found in kitchens and pantries. Ants may often make a meal of all types of sweets or foods with proteins, including honey, syrup, and meats. As such, ant control is a necessity!
A pest management company can offer a solution to ant infestations. With professional exterminators, homeowners get the treatment that they need in order to receive the ant solution they seek. The best part of hiring an experienced exterminator is that they have the knowledge and expertise to do it right from the beginning. Call a professional exterminator today!